Friday, November 19, 2010

Hey Everyone!
This is an email I sent about a month ago with an update and I thought I would post it here as well...
Quite a few things have happened since this email and I will post a new update soon!!!

Hi friends and families!

I pray you are all doing well. I just wanted to send an update to let you know what I have been up here in Guatemala.


I praise God because things are going well and He has really helped me adjust quickly to living in Guatemala. Its definitely different that Chicago, but I am quickly making this home.



Here are some ministry updates:



We have a youth group for the missionary kids called Outlanders. One of the youth came up with this name because we are in this world but not of it. Many of these teens have not had a youth group of their own, and certainly not one like the kind we have in the States. We are trying to be as relevant to them as we can and meet the unique needs that these teens have. We have about 35-45 teens on any given Wednesday. Its a unique challenge as well because it is an interdenominational group, but God has been moving and breaking through some barriers even in that area. 2 weeks ago we had an amazing service where the students were really yielded during our time of worship. I'm praising God because that is not the normal among these youth, but the Lord is starting to do a new thing.



A few weeks ago, we (our ministry team) began searching for a place where we could serve and invest our time and resources. As some of you may know, John and Dina (our team leaders), are in a transitional stage in their ministry. The focus is changing from youth evangelism to compassion ministry. In the meantime, we wanted to serve and offer our time and resources somewhere where there weren't missionaries already invested. There is sooooo much need in Guatemala, everywhere you turn there is a baby left abandoned, human trafficking, poverty, and crime. There is also alot of corruption. However, our goal is to bring hope and the light of Jesus to some of these places. We visited some different places and sought the Lord, individually and as a team. We felt that for this season we would invest ourselves in an adolescent girls home call "Mi Especial Tesoro" (my special treasure). There are 9 girls in this home ranging from the ages of 10-17. All have come from rough homes and devastating situations. It is a small home run by a christian Guatemala couple that is starting out. We are meeting with them this Friday to plan out how we can work together and share with them some of the things we would like to help them with.



Those are some of the things going on right now. I'm so excited because I can see Gods leading and direction, even if they are small steps and not giant leaps. The Lord has been so faithful to me and is really taking me deeper into His word and who He is. I'm so thankful for this season in my life.



I want to thank you all so much, both for your prayers and your financial support. Those go hand in hand when it comes to me being here. I am so thankful for your encouragement as well. Believe me, it means the world to me!



Here are some things you can pray for when you remember me;


On November 20, John, Victoria (my roommate) and I will be traveling to Maltazenango (about 4 hours from the city) to a youth convention. John will be providing a training for the youth leaders as well as preaching to the youth at one session. Victoria and I will also be preaching to the youth for one of the sessions. Please pray for us!

Pray for Gods leading and direction as we meet with the directors of the home on Friday.



Once again, thank you all so much for your love and support.



Love,

Cece

No comments: