Monday, February 7, 2011

Beloved Friends and Family!!


I pray all is well!! I realize its been a while since the last update and I apologize for that. However, I hope to make it up to you in this postl! :)

My deepest sympathies to all of you in the midwest suffering from the blizzards and cold!! My heart does go out to you!!! I am so thankful the Lord brought me to the 'Land of Eternal Spring" during these turbulent times.

Over the holidays, I had the oppurtunity to go home for 2 and half weeks. I went to all my favorite restaurants, made several Target runs, rode the EL, but most importantly, I was able to spend time with my family and friends. The Lord gave me a time of rest and refreshment and I am very grateful for that.


My parents

My sisters, nephews, and I

Me and the Best Friend!

Since I have been back, things have been busy. We are continuing with the youth group for the MK's and God has really been moving. Students have been hungry for the word and we recieve many comments from parents saying that the youth are going home talking about what they learned and how they can apply it. To God be the Glory!! The students are growing. Since coming back from Christmas break we have had 35-40 youth every week. Although many of the kids are involved in multiple extra curricular activities and have a lot of homework, they are making time to come hear the Word of God! My friends, that is a victory! God is moving and we (our team) feel so privallaged and blessed to be a part of it,


In mid January, Victoria and I began teaching English at Mi Especial Tesoro (My Special Treasure), the girls home we have been working with. I was nervous at first because it was something I have never done before and I'm not a teacher by trade. However, God is so faithful and He always equips us with what we need. The bible says that He has given us everything we need for life and godliness...I believe that He gives us everything we need for the life and work He has called us to as well. I am a testimony of that for sure!!! ;)

The classes have gone well so far. Of course there are challanges as the girls are at different learning levels, but even then the Lord has helped us work with those issues. But what has been so amazing is that these classes have given us the oppurtunity to know the girls better. We hear their stories, pray with them, and try to walk this life with them. Each of these girls has an amazing story of Gods grace and redeeming love. I will be posting one or two of their testimonies monthly on my blog so you can get to know these young women who are truly trophies of Gods grace. Truly it has been a privallage to serve them. God has also allowed us to minister to the directors of the home as they sometimes grow tired and weary. We get to pray with them and encourage and see God answer prayers. At the same time, we always leave encouraged ourselves. Its a joy and honor to be there.






We have a few things coming up in the next few months......so I'll continue to keep you updated.

Thank you all so much for your love and support. I am constantly thanking God for you!!

May the Lord bless you and keep you in His care!

Pa Lante Y Pal Cielo....

Cece


Support:

If you would like to make a donation in my name, you can send a check with Acct. # 2949329 written in the memo and send the check to
Assemblies of God World Missions
1445 North Boonville Ave
Springfield, MO 65802-1894

If you would like to become a monthly contributor please email me for furthur information

For automatic credit card withdrawal you can print off and fill out the form with my account number (2949329) on the website below… then send it to the AGWM address posted above.

http://ag.org/contributorservices_PDF/CRCDAUTH.pdf

Contact Me!!!
Here is my contact information
Email: cro1780@gmail
FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=726036343
Skype Name: Cicely Rosario
Home Address:
9A Calle A 8-59 Casa 14 Condominio Las Mercedes
Zona 8 de Mixco, CD San Cristobal
Guatemala, C.A







--

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sister, this is SOOOO encouraging! Incredible about the MK's - you're right, to God alone be glory! Wow, I cannot wait to hear some of the testimonies from the girls home. Friend, I just see so much of how God was preparing you here, so you could do what you're doing in Guatemala. I'm rejoicing and praying with you. Love you friend and yes, skype date before Africa :)