Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Have you ever felt let down by God?????

Recently, I had a big let down from God.  At least thats what I was feeling...let down.  I started to get excited about something that often times seemed so far away.  Anyhow, my excitement only lasted a day!  The next day I got a big fat "back off girl....I'm still in control of this......let me stay in control of this and it will be great!" from God.  Literally, I got an email from a friend who doesn't usually email me, asking me to read something she wrote and to give her my opinion on it.  Pretty much, it was a letter from God to me! I couldn't ignore it either seeing as though that morning in my bible study, we talked about their being no coincidences in God! Has that every happened to you?  You think your going in the right direction...your heart is pure, your motives are right, and then...BAM....the Lord says halt!  This is what my conversation with God goes like.....

"What? Really God?  You can't let me have this one thing?  Seriously God, it doesn't cost you anything to give me this"

"No but it will cost you"

"Argh!!  I don't like it when you are sooooo right and I am soooo wrong....but Lord thank you.." (break out in praise and worship)

I know it sounds psycho....but thats usually how it goes.  Often times I start out frustrated with God and try to figure Him and His reasonings out, and end up praising God and thanking Him that He has me figured out and really truly does want and have what is best for me.

I'm going to be honest though.  I was disappointed, discouraged, and dare I say....angry for longer than a minute. But one thing I have learned is that if I don't go to God and His word RIGHT AWAY...those feelings will begin to take root in my heart quickly and then create a distance between me and God.  The other day when I was feeling all those things, I got on my knees right away.  Yes I cried and whined and complained....but I did it to God, and because I spoke to Him about how I felt, He spoke back to me.  He comforted me with His peace, He spoke scripture into my heart to remind me of His loving kindness.  Friends, it is ok to feel disappointed, discouraged and even upset and angry at the way God chooses to do something (or not do something) in our lives.  However, its not ok to keep it from God.  Yes, the Lord knows our hearts and our feelings but He wants us to talk to Him.  You know why?  So He could talk back to us.  If we don't talk to God, we can't hear from God.  The bible says to "cast all your cares on Him because He cares".  I can't emphasize how true that is.  God wants us to bring EVERYTHING to Him. And when we do, He shows us how much He really cares.

Here are some verses that the Lord remind me of......hide these promises in your heart. They will bring you much comfort in your time of need.

Hebrews 13:5-6

For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Genesis 16:13
“You are the God who sees me,” for she said, “I have now seen the One who sees me.”

Matthew 6:13
Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteouness and all these things shall be added unto you

Psalm 37:4
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart

And lastly...Psalm 103:1-5...I LOVE these verses and try to carry them with me all the time.....They are on my mirror so I am reminded every day of who God has been and is to me
Praise the Lord, O my soul
all my inmost being praise His holy name
Praise the Lord, O my soul
And forget not all His benefits
Who forgives your sins and heals all your diseases
Who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love an compassion
Who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewd like the eagles

Pa Lante Y Pal Cielo....
Cece

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Cece, this was powerful. I can very much identify ... with the disappointments but also with experiencing God's faithfulness even in the pain. Thank you for sharing. Love you!

Unknown said...

P.S. I loved this ... "If we don't talk to God, we can't hear from God" ... PREACH! That's the truth!

Christen Ringle said...

Agreed with Jenn. Powerful. and GREAT quote!!! Thank you for this.