Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Be a part of what God is doing in Guatemala!

Beloved Brothers and Sisters,


Greetings from Guatemala! I pray this email finds you well.

God has been doing some amazing things here in Guatemala! For those that haven't seen my blog update, here is a brief summary of all that has been going on.

This summer I had the opportunity to work with 4 teams from around the USA and one team from Jamaica!. We ministered in various parts of the country through school and street evangelism, medical clinics, and construction projects. What a privilege to serve God's kingdom! The Word of God was heard by thousands of youth and children. Hundreds upon hundreds of people came to know Jesus as their personal Savior. The message of hope and love was spread throughout the country. Even as I am writing this, I am praising God for all He did this summer!

Kingdom work doesn't end when teams leave though! Currently, I am involved with 3 different ministries. I work with the local church and their women's ministry. This past weekend we had an event and saw many women set free by the Truth of His Word (for more about that, see my blog!). We have several outreaches planned for the next month and are working on some other events as well. I know that God is raising up women in Guatemala to be His hands and feet extended. This week I started the second "term" of English classes in the girls home. God has been doing an incredible work of restoration and healing in the lives of these young women, and God has allowed me the privilege to be a part of their lives. This summer the Lord placed in my heart a desire to begin a small bible study group with 3 college age girls in my home. I am excited to see what God is going to do in all our lives as we journey together through the Word of God.

I am so thankful for the opportunity to serve God in this beautiful country. I have witnessed his faithfulness and goodness time and time again. I am so thankful to all the people that have supported me both financially and through prayer and encouragement throughout this last year.

A few weeks ago, I read this quote: In a spiritual sense, missionaries are sent by God. In a practical sense, they are sent by laypersons with a vision for missions. We have God, missionaries and laypersons. Remove any one of these three factors and effective missions work will no longer exist. — Jerry Burgess

This statement could not be any more true!! Missionaries cannot do the work of the Lord without you!!

Unfortunately, due to various circumstances, my financial support has dropped significantly in the last few months. I am asking that you would consider how you could be a part of what God is doing in Guatemala. I know not everyone can come here and minister (although I'd LOVE to have you come!!!!), but you are able to play a significant role in what the Lord is doing here. Here is how;

Pray: Sow seeds of prayer into Guatemala...Please pray for: me and the ministries God has placed before me and the people of Guatemala-that they would have open hearts

Give: It is only because of my supporters that I am able to be here and commit my time fully to the service of God. Would you prayfully consider being a monthly supporter or giving a one time gift? I have attached the necessary forms that you can print out and mail.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this. Again, I am eternally thankful for all the support I have received thus far. God has blessed me incredibly thus far and I am confident that He will continue to provide.

The words of the apostle Paul ring true from my heart....

"I thank God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now..."
Phil. 1: 3-5

Pa Lante y Pal' Cielo! (onward and upward!)
Cicely

Support:
you would like to make a donation in my name, you can send a check with Acct. # 2949329 written in the memo and send the check to

Assemblies of God World Missions
1445 North Boonville Ave
Springfield, MO 65802-1894


If you would like to become a monthly contributor please email me for furthur information
For automatic credit card withdrawal you can print off and fill out the form with my account number (2949329) on the website below… then send it to the AGWM address posted above.
http://ag.org/contributorservices_PDF/CRCDAUTH.pdf









No comments: