Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Boys Will Be Boys!

I'm in love!! The little boys at BCC have totally captured my heart!! I cannot get enough of them. Boys will be boys wherever in the world, that's for sure! On Monday we spent the afternoon at BCC. The 2nd and 3rd graders are in a combined class so the teacher had me helping her with the second graders. When we first met the children of BCC (or when anyone does really), we thought "oh how precious and sweet". After spending some time with them in the classroom, they are still precious. Sweet? Well maybe, but definitely mischievous! It was so much fun, even though they almost drove me to drink!I can't wait to share those stories! Anyhow, it was a really great experience because their personalities really came out. This last week and a half we have really been building relationships with theses kids and of course we each have a few that have captured our hearts. Mine are Hilium and Josiah. Josiah is a clown. He is so funny and outgoing. Hilium is a bit more serious until he gets to know you. It takes him a little longer to warm up, but when he does, he is a blast. These boys have brought me so much joy while here and I always look forward to spending time with them. There is also Michael. He is in 5th grade so he goes to a school outside the center. I don't get as much time with him because he doesn't get to BCC until about 4:30 and we usually have to leave by 5. I did get to spend some time with him on Saturday and Sunday. We had a team from Dallas come in and we all went to a crocodile and ostrich farm / amusement park. Michael made sure I was by his side the whole time. He saved me spot on the boat and on the swings, so that I could sit next to him. Its really cool because its really easy for us to fall in love with them, but they don't always warm up to us as quickly, so when they do things like that, its really special. Anyhow, on Sunday the team got to church before the interns and I did, and the Michael ran to the matatu (van) to ask "Where is Cicely?". Although I wasn't there, hearing about that was the highlight of my week because it shows that he is thinking about us as well! These boys have gripped my heart so much! All of the children are special but sometimes you create special bonds with some.

On Friday we leave to Brakenhurst which is a camp center. Another team from Dallas will be coming to do a sports camp there. We will be spending the 4 days there with the kids so we are super excited about that!!

Thanks for all your prayers. I have definetly felt them and am beniffiting from them. Thank you also for all your encouragment. God Bless!!

No comments: