Saturday, July 14, 2007

The Sweetest Sound

There is nothing sweeter than the sound of children laughing. When babies laugh, we start to laugh as well. Its just brings us joy! Yesterday afternoon we went to the BCC to spend some time with the kids. It was nice because it was Saturday and they were not in school so we could really spend time with them. When we drove up to the orphanage we could hear the children playing and laughing. Enjoying the nice weather and having a good time and not having a care in the world. Though they have little to play with, that doesn't seem to stop them from having fun. When we got there, Simba, who is one of the caregivers, had them all come to the dining hall. We sang some songs together and then bought out all of our goodies! We had such a great time playing with them! I played candyland, soccer, frisbee, jump rope, bubbles, and catch! Man I miss being a kid!!! There was so much joy, from the children, the workers, and us!

I have learned from these children way more than I have taught them!! They literally have child like faith, the kind of faith we should have. The bible says that the kingdom of heaven belongs to the children. Being with them, I can understand why.

They say that laughter is medicine for the soul....I don't know that its just our own laughter, because the laughter of children certainly blessed my soul!

C

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for sharing your experience. It's so great to hear all that the Lord is doing in you and through you in Kenya. I am blessed just witnessing it from afar! Love you girl!