Friday, July 13, 2007

Christ Love Compells Us!

2nd Cor. 5 13-14 - The Message
If I acted crazy, I did it for God; if I acted overly serious, I did it for you. Christ's love has moved me to such extremes. His love has the first and last word in everything we do.

Last night the staff at the AIM guesthouse where we are staying asked if I would do the morning devotion. Every morning, someone different gives a devotion and prays for the meal. This was the scripture that came to mind when I thought of all the different people that pass through the guesthouse. As I mentioned in previous blogs, this is a transitional place for career missionaries, as well as people on short term trips like us.

When I think about our stories and the things we are doing here, its obvious that the only reason we can do what we do, is because of Gods love. Why would anyone leave their families and the comforts of home, their friends and all that is familiar to them and come here? Because of Christs love. Our love for God makes us do things that make no sense in the earthly realm. How can we love people we don't even know? Because God loved us first! Everything we do has to reflect the love of God. I am so thankful for Gods love because without I would be so lost.

I praise God that we have not only had the chance to spread Gods love amongst those we meet, but that we have experienced Gods love through them as well!!!!

1 comment:

Running with perseverance (Heb. 12: 1-3) said...

miss you cece! your faith inspires me and your actions convict me. praise the Lord for sisters like you :)