Tuesday, July 3, 2007

First Stop

So I made it to Dallas. I just got here about an hour ago. I will be here with some friends today and tomorrow and then Thursday is my orientation. There was a lot of turbulence on the flight and since I am battling a sinus infection, it was not pleasant. My head felt like it was going to explode. But at least I don't have a fever like I did yesterday! Please pray that I am completely healed before I get on that 9 hour flight on Friday! Anyhow, tonight I am meeting up with some of the Kenya trip participants from the December trip and I am really looking forward to that!

Now for the serious stuff! God is so awesome. I am so thankful that he takes care of me and know every detail of my life, down to the number of hairs on my head. Many of you all know I quit my job to do this internship. I have had quite a peace about that. However as of late, there have been times when I have been a little anxious! Last Thursday at the prayer meeting, one of the sisters came up to me after church and asked her if I had an i pod to bring with me. I told her no, and she said "well I want to bless you with one to take on your trip". I was surprised and thankful. On Sunday, she brought me the ipod. Afterwards I went up to her to thank her again and she said "I felt like the Lord wanted me to give you that to show you that He wants to bless you and take of you..I know you have been stressed about your job but don't worry, God will take care of that. He just wants you to know that He is taking care of you and wants to bless you" Well....PRAISE THE LORD! That was exactly what I needed to hear! God is so faithful, and He cares so much about us that He sends us gifts and more importantly people to give us encouragement! I am so thankful to my God and I feel so blessed!!

Until next time!!

C

1 comment:

Running with perseverance (Heb. 12: 1-3) said...

praise the Lord! i am so excited for you cece. praying for your health :) love you!