Sunday, July 8, 2007

Well I have arrived! We arrived last night to the AIM Guest House a little bit after 10. Our flights were nice and smooth and although we had to run to catch the flight from London to Nairobi, we made it! When we got here last night, I was extremely jet lagged. I did not sleep on the plane, and I figured I would knock out when I got here since we got here late. Not the case! I was up till about 1 or 2 unpacking, getting organized, reading, ect. Thankfully since we arrived on Saturday night, we did not have a full schedule today. We went to the Baptist Children Center, where we will be doing most of our work, and worshipped with them at their service. It was great to see the kids again! After that we came back, ate lunch and took naps and before we knew it, it was dinner time! They ring a bell here at meal times. Pretty cool!

Tomorrow, the real work begins. I am so excited and looking forward to working at the BCC. The theme for this trip is flexibility!! We pretty much take it day by day and see where we are needed. Tom, who works for Buckner here in Kenya, said he will try to get us to as many places as possible. We know we will be at BCC and at some point at the baby AIDS home. I am really looking forward to that.

Sorry there isn't much to tell on this blog but these last couple days have just been orientation and traveling so not much excitement. Plus I am pretty tired and not much in a thinking mode! I will say that my 2 teammates are great and I anticipate the work that God will do in and through us. Also, I have my own room. Very unusual on a missions trip, but, I am highly favored!! :) Watch my next blog I will be telling you they moved me!!! :)
Please continue to pray for all those things I listed in my first blog but add healing to the list. I am not completely sick but I am still very congested and its not fun! I praise God because I no longer have sinus or fever!

I look forward to continue sharing with you throughout the coming weeks!

No comments: